MCA Yacht 2 Chief Engineer Orals Prep - on Zoom till Pandemic ends
Course Duration: 2 weeks
Course dates: Every month (Use the contact form on the below to find exact start date).
Course Fee: £1675
Availaibility: Available every month. See Actuall dates below or click here
If you need any last minute slots please contact us on our phone number.
This course enables candidates to achieve Mca Yacht 2 Chief Engineer certification by the MCA Oral examination route. Candidates will receive tuition and guided study in preparation for the MCA Oral examination.
- Care and management of steering systems and bow thrusters.
- Care and management of pumping systems.
- Care and management of oily water separator equipment.
- (a) Construction, maintenance and operation of fire-fighting equipment.
(b) Fire detection and prevention.
- (a) Codes of safe working practices in machinery spaces.
(b) The dangers of entering enclosed spaces.
- Routine operational duties and the effect of legislation on engine room operations.
- Working principles and constructional details of marine engines, gears, clutches and ancillary equipment.
- Fuel oil, lubrication oil, and cooling systems of marine engines together with ancillary systems including filters, pumps, heat exchangers and controls.
- (a) Methods of manoeuvring, including bridge control systems, variable pitch propellers and bow thrusters.
(b) Emergency controls.
- Working principles and constructional details of air compressors, air receivers and associated equipment.
- Operational testing and fault rectification of basic automatic control systems and alarm panels.
- Assessment of engine power, the running adjustments to maintain performance.
- Safe and efficient operation and maintenance of marine engines.
- Understand the reason for determining voyage needs; fuel, lubricants, water, stores, expendables.
- Understand the necessity for routine maintenance and the reasons for maintaining records of machinery and its performance.
- Understand the consequences of sailing with certain items of machinery inoperative and the risks involved in doing so.
- Understand the (Chief Engineer’s) responsibilities and duties concerning bunkering or refuelling operations.
- The methods of dealing with fire on board ship. Prevention of the spread of fire. The organisation and direction of firefighting and lifesaving parties.
Although presentation of other topics may be arranged where the whole group should benefit. Tutorials will be delivered as formal lectures and/or demonstrations as appropriate, supplemented by group discussion, question and answer sessions and directed study.
Candidates are also encouraged to make full use of other learning resources, including the on-site nautical library, Internet access, training software and feedback from previous candidates.
Each candidate gets a free access to our moodle online learning environment and a mock orals at the end of the course. This helps them repair any damage before going for the actual orals.
Yacht 2 chief engineer orals online, mca Yacht 2 chief engineer orals prep online, best nautical college of UK for Yacht 2 chief engineer orals prep, Yacht 2 chief engineer orals uk, Yacht 2 chief engineer orals prep glasgow, best college for Yacht 2 chief engineer orals classes, Yacht 2 chief engineer orals prep