MCA Yacht 1 Chief Engineer Orals Prep - on Zoom till pandemic ends
Course Duration: 4 weeks
Course dates: Every month (Use the contact form on the below to find exact start date).
Course Fee: £1675
Availaibility: Available every month. See Actuall dates below or click here
If you need any last minute slots please contact us on our phone number.
This course enables candidates to achieve Mca Yacht 2 Chief Engineer certification by the MCA Oral examination route. Candidates will receive tuition and guided study in preparation for the MCA Oral examination.
- Principles and constructional details of sensing, monitoring and measuring devices associated with marine equipment.
- Principles involved with the operation, testing and maintenance of
- propulsive transmission systems, including thrust and shaft bearings, stern tubes and propellers
- bilge and ballast pumps, pumping and priming systems including pollution prevention equipment and systems.
- steering and stabilizing systems including bow thrusters.
- control and alarm systems associated with automatic operation of marine steam plant.
- marine diesel engines (trunk type); gearing systems and clutches;
- starting and reversing systems;
- cooling and lubrication systems;
- fuel oil preparation systems;
- air compressors, receivers and associated equipment;
- auxiliary diesel engines and associated equipment;
- control and alarm systems associated with automatic operation of a diesel plant.
- Methods of assessment of power, output and efficiency of steam & Diesel plant and action to be taken to maintain safe and efficient operation.
- Methods of testing fuel oil, lubrication oil and cooling water and action to be taken to maintain safe conditions.
- Types of information issued by the MCA with respect to safety at sea.
- Legal powers and responsibilities of a chief engineer:
- precautions against fire or explosions, explosive mixtures and sources of ignition;
- principles and methods of fire prevention, detection and extinction in all areas of a ship;
- principles of the operation, testing and maintenance of fire detection and extinguishing systems;
- principles of the operation, testing and maintenance of fire pumps and associated pumping systems;
- control and organization of fire and damage control parties.
- UMS operations
- Principles of the operation, testing and maintenance of:
- alternators, generators, motors, switch gear and batteries;
- ac and dc distribution systems.
- Fault finding and rectification of faults in electrical systems.
- Administration duties of a chief engineer associated with:
- organisation and training of staff for normal and emergency duties;
- organisation of temporary and permanent repairs and surveys.
- Ensuring ship is in seaworthy condition prior to sailing taking into account nature of voyage.
- Dry docking, hull surveys and repairs.
Although presentation of other topics may be arranged where the whole group should benefit. Tutorials will be delivered as formal lectures and/or demonstrations as appropriate, supplemented by group discussion, question and answer sessions and directed study.
Candidates are also encouraged to make full use of other learning resources, including the on-site nautical library, Internet access, training software and feedback from previous candidates.
Each candidate gets a free access to our moodle online learning environment and a mock orals at the end of the course. This helps them repair any damage before going for the actual orals.
Yacht 1 chief engineer orals online, mca Yacht 1 chief engineer orals prep, best nautical college of UK for Yacht 1 chief engineer orals prep, Yacht 1 chief engineer orals uk, Yacht 1 chief engineer orals prep glasgow, best college for Yacht 1 chief engineer orals classes, Yacht 1 chief engineer orals prep online