MCA Marine Engine Operator Licence (MEOL) Orals Preparation on Zoom till Pandemic Ends
Course Duration: 4 weeks
Course dates: Every month (Use the contact form on the below to find exact start date). See Actual dates below or Click here. If you need any last minute slots please contact us on our phone number.
Course Fee: £1675
You need to have 36 months service as a dual purpose deck/engineer officer, responsible for the maintenance and servicing of the vessel
24 months service as a yacht engineer responsible for system maintenance of yachts of 200kW or more in propulsion power.
This course enables candidates to serve as Marine Engine Operator on merchant vessels with a propulsion (registered) power of between 350 kW and 750 kW, where STCW requirements do not apply. They can serve as a Chief Engineer Officer on vessels
of less than 750 kW, operating within the UK near coastal area (150 miles from the safe haven). Candidates will receive tuition and guided study in preparation for the MCA Oral examination.
The course is primarily concerned with preparing candidates to answer the MCA Examiner’s questions based on studies previously undertaken.
Tutorials are mainly devoted to
- Routine associated with taking over and accepting a watch or period of duty during UMS/Bridge Control operation.
- Routine associated with handing over to the following watch or duty period during UMS/Bridge Control operation.
- Routine associated with handing over to the following watch or duty engine operator.
- Machinery space fire-fighting arrangements.
- Safety precautions to be observed during a watch or period of duty and immediate actions in the event of a fire or accident.
- Preparing main machinery, steering system and auxiliary equipment for sea. Testing plant and equipment.
- Routine pumping operations of fuel oil and fresh water.
- Bilge pumping operations.
- Use of oily water separator and precautions to be observed to prevent environmental pollution.
- Operation of auxiliary heating boilers including combustion system.
- Preparing, starting, coupling and changing over alternators or generators.
- Immediate actions necessary in cases of electric shock.
- Location and rectification of common faults in main machinery, steering systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Although presentation of other topics may be arranged where the whole group should benefit. Tutorials will be delivered as formal lectures and/or demonstrations as appropriate, supplemented by group discussion, question and answer sessions and directed study.
- Candidates are also encouraged to make full use of other learning resources, including the on-site nautical library, Internet access, training software and feedback from previous candidates.
- Each candidate gets a free access to our moodle online learning environment and a mock orals at the end of the course. This helps them repair any damage before going for the actual orals.
meol orals, mca meol oral engineering, best nautical college of UK for meol engineering orals exam, meol Engineering mca orals uk, mca engineering orals meol glasgow, best college for meol mca orals classes, meol MCA orals prep