Job Title: Curriculum Leader - High Voltage Training and Marine Engineering - Further Education Lecturer
Location: Glasgow Maritime Academy, 101 Abercromby Business Centre, 279 Abercromby Street, Glasgow G40 2DD
Salary: £48000 pa
Date of Posting: 23.01.2017
Closing Date: 22.01.2017
Summary of role:
This job description is current at the time of issue. Variation may occur to these duties to reflect changes in, or to, the College environment and will be advised to you by your Line Manager. These tasks may not be restricted to the Faculty and may involve work in any area of the College appropriate to your skills.
Overall Objective Of The Post
To Prepare and deliver course material for High Voltage Training and Marine Engineering
Key Tasks Of The Post
- Prepare and deliver course material for High Voltage training, Marine Engineering and Tanker courses.
- Respond to student queries enrolled on High Voltage training, Marine Engineering and Tanker courses.
- Implement and take cognisance of all policies and procedures of the College and the Faculty.
- Carry out tutorial duties and assist with the provision of an effective counselling service to students on academic, non-academic and welfare matters as required.
- Undertake liaison activities with parents/guardians, schools and employers as necessary. This will include participation in parents evening and visits to/from employers as appropriate.
- Participate in a range of marketing activities based in College, Schools or elsewhere.
- Undertake research and consultancy as required.
- Work as a member of one or more course teams and to take responsibility for the administration and management of specified courses or subject areas as required.
- Participate in curriculum development activities including the identification of consumer requirements, planning, development and evaluation of courses and course material.
- Undertake staff appraisal and classroom observations in accordance with College policy.
- Maintain class registers in line with College policy requirements.
- Keep appropriate records and provide reports and statistics as required.
- Contribute to extra curricular activities as required.
- Contribute to the delivery of key skill activity as required.
- Participate in arrangements for examinations, including writing and marking papers and invigilation duties as appropriate.
- Provide mentorship to new members of staff as required.
- Undertake professional development to update subject knowledge.
- Undertake staff development to meet the changing needs of the College.
- Work within Health and Safety guidelines to ensure safe working practice.
- Promote equal opportunities at all times.
- To manage one or more elements of Faculty programme as directed by the Head of Faculty and/or the appropriate Head of Department.
Required qualifications and experience
- Good computer Skills.
- Electrical Engineering or equivalent professional qualification such as Cheif Engineer MCA unlmited COC or MCA Electrical officer COC A recognised High Voltage training certificate.
- Advanced Tanker Safety Course Mca approved
- Willingness to undertake CPD
- 2 years work expereince with high voltage in an engineering environment and familiar with the use and operation of high voltage equipment commonly found inmerchant vessels.
- Managerial Experience on Oil Tankers
IMO 6.09 Train course for instructors or equivalent
To make a speculative application use the form below
maritime shore jobs high voltage, maritime lecturers vacancies high voltage, apply for shore jobs high voltage, shore jobs uk high voltage, city of glasgow college vacancies high voltage, maritime lecturers job, shore jobs for seafarers high voltage