Port Facility Security Officer Course - Department of Transport Approved - Online and Classroom
Glasgow Martime Academy delivers the Port Facility security officers course every month
Course Duration: 3 days
Location: Glasgow. But can be delivered worldwide at your location on short notice.
Course dates: See below. For alternative dates email us or call us.
Course Fee: £ 875 /-
There are no pre-requisites for entry to the training.
This course meets the requirements of the ISPS Code and the requirements specified in the IMO Model course 3.21 (2015 ed.) for Port Facility Security Officers and is designed for any security officer with overall responsibility for port security under Department for Transport guidelines.
On completion of this course students will be able to:
- Execute the PFSO responsibilities in accordance with the ISPS Code and national requirements
- Understand the ISPS Code
- Manage and revise port facility security plans; coordinate effective search plans and security operations; understand the ISPS code 2012 security levels and implement actions accordingly
- Assess security risks, threats and vulnerability
- Develop, maintain and supervisie the implementation of a Port Facility Security Plan (PFSP)
- Conduct periodic inspections of the port for which the participant is designated to act as the Port Facility Security Officer to ensure appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained
- Ensure that security equipment and systems, if any, are properly operated, tested and calibrated
- Encouragesecurity awareness and vigilance
- Identifying weapons and improvised explosive devices
- Security training, drills and exercises
- Develop, maintain and review port facility access control
- conduct port security assessments and threat analyses.
There are 9 outcomes to the training:
- Introduction to ISPS and the Current Security Issues
- Legal Requirements. Transport security in UK
- Responsibilities of various bodies and responsible persons such as pfso, cso, sso, contracting government.
- Risk Assessment.
- Security Assessment and Port Facility Security Plan.
- Threat Identification, Recognition and Response.
- Emergency Preparedness, Drills and Exercises
- Security Management
- Security Training
Try our Port Facility Security officers course quiz below. Every time you reload this page you will get different sets of questions
dft pfso course online, port facility security officer course, pfso course online, pfso training, department of transport approved pfso course, pfso course dubai, pfso course uk