Ship Safety Officers Course - MCA Approved - Online or Class room
Glasgow Martime Academy delivers the ship Safety officers course every alternate week
Course Duration: 2.5 days
Course dates: See below or Click Here. If you need alternative dates please call 01415542248
Course Fee: £ 650 /-
Should be minimum 18 year old and minimum seatime of 12 months
This course is for deck or engine officers who want to work as shipboard safety officers. This course meets the requirements set out in The Merchant Shipping and Fishing Vessels (Health and Safety at Work) Regulations and the Code of Safe Working Practice for Merchant Seafarers (CoSWP) – Chapter 3 as mentioned in the MNTB guidelines.
The course is approved by Maritime & Coastguard Agency and certificate will be issued under their authority.
The course addresses following points
- The role of the shipboard safety officer;
- Legislative background;
- Safety Management on board ship;
- Practical training on how to carry out risk assessment and accident reporting; Creating a Safety Culture through teamwork; Safety Inspections; hazard identification;
- Record keeping relating to Shipboard Safety Officer
- Root Cause analysis
- Risk Assessment and Dynamic Risk Assesment
- Have considered the accident investigation process
- Various interviewing techniques
- Roles and responsibility of safety commitee
|Confirmed Dates||Availability||Confirmed Dates||Availability|
Try our Ship safety Officers Quiz below. Every time you reload this page the questions will change.
ship safety officer course Glasgow, ship safety officer course GCNS, safety officers course uk, safety officers course online, ship safety officer course online, mca approved sso course, mca approved ship safety officer course