Advanced training for chemical tanker cargo operations - MCA approved available online or classroom
As per MCA notice dated 04.11.2020
The entry requirements for the MCA Advanced CHEMICAL Tanker Course
1. MCA / EU Basic Oil & Chem tanker course or Combined Basic Oil Chem and GAS tanker course (should be valid and not expired )
The requirement for getting oil DCE endorsement on coc
1. MCA Advanced CHEMICAL tanker cargo operation certificate and
2. 3-month’s experience on the CHEMICAL tanker and MNTB Fire Fighting; or
3. 3-month’s experience on the CHEMICAL tanker and MCA/EU approved Advanced Fire Fighting; or
4. 3-month’s experience on the CHEMICAL tanker, Advanced Fire Fighting from a CEC country and the theory element of MNTB Tanker Fire Fighting; or
5. Basic CHEM Tanker or Combined Basic Oil Chem and GAS tanker Endorsement from any EU Country and MCA/EU Advanced Firefighting; or
6. Basic Chemical tanker Endorsement from any CEC Country, Advanced Firefighting from any CEC (listed here) country and the theory element of MNTB Tanker Fire Fighting.
All training certificates and sea service must have been obtained within the last 5 years.
The 3 months seatime requireent can be reduced to 1 month if the candidate does an MCA approved onboard training on applicable tanker, in a supernumerary capacity which must include at least three loading and three unloading operations and be documented in an MCA/MNTB approved training record book.
This course is intended for masters, officers and ratings serving on tankers who are required to undertake additional training and familiarisation in accordance with: The Merchant Shipping (Training and Certification) Regulations 1997/ Marine Guidance Note (MGN)95 / STCW 95 : Regulation V/1 para 2.2 and STCW Code Section A – V/1 para 8-14.
At the end of the course the student should have the relevant technical knowledge to assume the responsibilities of Master, Chief Officer, Chief Engineer, Second Engineer or of any other person having direct responsibility for cargo operations.
The course will include those outcomes as stated in the familiarisation training but will be addressed in greater detail in accordance with the requirements of the students.
The chemical tanker, Petroleum properties and hazards, chemical cargo containment and handling, chemical tanker operations, Marine pollution
In addition to those outcomes as outlined in the familiarisation training, the course will include the following principles:
International and National Regulations and Codes of Practice
Characteristics of cargoes
Definitions; chemical and physical properties of chemical cargoes
Flammability, explosiveness and toxicity; medical aspect
Chemical Tanker Design and Equipment
Chemical Tanker Operations
|Confirmed Dates||Availability||Confirmed Dates||Availability|
Test Your Advance Chemical Tanker Cargo Operation knowledge with the quiz below – everytime you reload the question and answer will change
MCA Advanced training for chemical tanker cargo operations online, Mca Approved Advanced training for chemical tanker cargo operation online, MCA approved chemco online, chemco online, Specialised chemical tanker course online, chemical tanker advanced course online, Advanced chemical tannker training online