Job Title: Curriculum Leader - Maritime Lecturer - Tanker Simulation
Salary: £ 48000/- pa
Date of posting: 15th Feb 2013
Closing date: N/A Ongoing requirement for suitably experienced candidates.
Summary of role:
JOB DESCRIPTION - This job description is current at the time of issue. Variation may occur to these duties to reflect changes in, or to, the College environment and will be advised to you by your Line Manager. These tasks may not be restricted to the Faculty and may involve work in any area of the College appropriate to your skills.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE POST - To Prepare and deliver course material for Oil, Chemical, Gas Tanker Courses and to provide other professional support to help the academy meet its objectives.
KEY TASKS OF THE POST
1. Prepare and deliver course material for Oil, Chemical, Gas Tanker courses
2. Carry out a range of lecturing and associated functions in connection with classroom teaching, tutorial work, assessment, residential courses, open and distance learning cases and student placements as required.
3. Implement and take cognisance of all policies and procedures of the College and the Faculty.
4. Carry out tutorial duties and assist with the provision of an effective counselling service to students on academic, non-academic and welfare matters as required.
5. Undertake liaison activities with parents/guardians, schools and employers as necessary. This will include participation in parents evening and visits to/from employers as appropriate.
6. Participate in a range of marketing activities based in College, Schools or elsewhere. 7. Undertake research and consultancy as required.
8. Work as a member of one or more course teams and to take responsibility for the administration and management of specified courses or subject areas as required.
9. Participate in curriculum development activities including the identification of consumer requirements, planning, development and evaluation of courses and course material.
10. Undertake staff appraisal and classroom observations in accordance with College policy.
11. Maintain class registers in line with College policy requirements.
12. Keep appropriate records and provide reports and statistics as required.
13. Contribute to extra curricular activities as required.
14. Contribute to the delivery of key skill activity as required.
15. Participate in arrangements for examinations, including writing and marking papers and invigilation duties as appropriate.
16. Provide mentorship to new members of staff as required.
17. Undertake professional development to update subject knowledge.
18. Undertake staff development to meet the changing needs of the College.
19. Work within Health and Safety guidelines to ensure safe working practice.
20. Promote equal opportunities at all times.
21. To manage one or more elements of Faculty programme as directed by the Head of Faculty and/or the appropriate Head of Department.
Required qualifications and experience
UK MCA Merchant Navy Master Unlimited Certificate of Competency, Relevant professional qualifications - such as TASCO, CHEMCO and GASCO
Previously held a management role on board Chemical tanker, oil tanker and gas tanker
Alternatively if you would like to email us your CV please do so at
Glasgow Maritime Academy LLP is an equal opportunity employer